1. INTRODUCTION & GENERAL TERMS
In order to provide you with the full range of SME London Ltd services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information SME London Ltd may collect about you;
- how the SME London Ltd will use information we collect about you;
- when the SME London Ltd may use your details to contact you;
- whether SME London Ltd will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
- your rights as a data subject
2. WHO ARE WE?
SME London Ltd is an experienced event company. SME London owns the intellectual property rights to the event "The Clothes Show". SME London is the data controller for the purpose of compliance under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. SME London Ltd can be contacted at 37 Warren Street, London, W1T 6AD.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WILL SME LONDON LTD COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of SME London Ltd’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, booking, signups or use the SME London Ltd online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
4. HOW WILL SME LONDON LTD USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS ABOUT ME?
SME London Ltd will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- your postcode will only be used to ensure any local marketing is targeted appropriately. It will not be used to identify you.
- for "service administration purposes", which means that SME London Ltd may contact you for reasons related to the products, service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made;
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. SME London Ltd may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes;
5. WHEN WILL SME LONDON LTD CONTACT ME?
SME London Ltd may contact you:
- in relation to any product, service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that SME London Ltd can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to SME London Ltd, e.g. on social media or via text or voicemail message;
- and for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below) local pages will give you detailed information about how SME London Ltd will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
6. WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
SME London Ltd will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this or if you have purchased from us where you haven’t specifically opted out.
7. WILL SME LONDON LTD SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within SME London Ltd. However, sometimes SME London Ltd uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. SME London Ltd requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and SME London Ltd requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. WHAT IF I AM A USER AGED 16 OR UNDER?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to SME London Ltd. Parent/Guardian consent should be forwarded to SME London Limited by emailing email@example.com
Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. HOW LONG WILL THE SME LONDON LTD KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the SME London Ltd. If you have purchased an item from us this will be a maximum of 6 years from the point of your last purchase with SME London Ltd.
If you cancel your registration or request to be removed from the SME London Ltd website as a member/customer, your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and SME London Ltd cannot use the personal information. The record will remain on our system for 6 years as is required by HMRC if you have purchased products from us alternatively it will stay on the system for a period of six months for administration purposes before being deleted.
10. WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF MY PERSONAL DATA?
SME London Ltd may process your personal data:
Where such processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or third parties. These legitimate interests include those identified under the section above entitled "How is my personal data used?" as well as:
11. CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION SME LONDON LTD HOLDS ABOUT ME?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information SME London Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT?
In line with the new requirements of the GDPR you have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- the right to request a copy of your personal data held by us;
- the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held by us;
- the right to request that we erase your personal data;
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data (as set out in the GDPR);
- the right to have your personal data transferred to another organisation;
- the right to object to certain types of processing of your personal data by us; and
You may withdraw your consent given under this section at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.